I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! We usually put the Christmas stuff away immediately after Christmas, but this year due to our powder bathroom remodel, putting Christmas away has taken a back seat. I really don’t mind it actually. Today I wanted to share my personal and professional goals with you all as well as our 2022 project list.
For my personal life, my #1 goal is to be more intentional about family time. Since starting this business, I have regretfully put my projects and my business first. While I understand it takes time and effort to grow a business, I cannot neglect my family. Will has expressed concern that whenever I do a project, I totally ignore all the other areas of my life. I don’t eat, sleep, or focus on anything else. I don’t shower. I don’t spend time with family, and generally I’m not happy because everyone else is unhappy with me. I want to be able to have a healthy mix of projects and family time. I am still working on finding that balance. It has honestly never been a big issue before we got married. Now that we have a kid, my “get things done as quickly and efficiently as possible attitude” really has to take a back seat. I have to realize that it doesn’t have to all get done today. Again, work in progress!
As far as professional goals, let me just say this. I DON’T KNOW! I want to be open to whatever God has in store for me. I don’t like the idea of putting myself in a box. What I mean by that is this: I don’t just want to do projects only for other people. I also don’t want to do them only for myself. I LOVE the idea of doing both. Who says I have to pick just one? And this blog thing… I absolutely love it. When I started this blog, I had zero intentions. I just saw that other designers were doing it so I wanted to give it a try. I had no idea that this would be therapy for me. So in a nutshell for 2022, my professional goals are to blog more, take on more clients, and push myself creatively.
Which leads me into my next topic, our 2022 project list! I tried to keep it small because I really wanted to take my time on it. I also wanted to leave things open for potential clients, blog posts, and, of course, family time.
1.Powder Bathroom: We are almost there! The vanity comes in Tuesday! Lights should be here next week. My big goal is to get the bathroom painted BEFORE the vanity gets here on Tuesday so that we can just put it in place as soon as it’s delivered, BUT I still have to caulk, fill nail holes, caulk some more, and prep everything for painting. I am going to attempt to spray it this time for smoother finish.
2. Finish laundry room: We have actually made quite some progress in here already, but I kind of put it on pause when the bathroom took over our lives. In here, I want new countertops, backsplash, new hardware, & paint. I’m really excited about this space! The textured walls in there bug me so much so that may be on the list, too!
3. Updates in guest bedroom: this includes new lighting, custom drapes, end tables, and wall treatment. I’m so excited about it all! We use this room more than any other room right now in our home as a playroom/changing room for Mia.
4. Trim our upstairs hallway- this list is not in the order we will complete things. It will probably happen way later in the year because Will is sick of my major projects and he needs a break before I can do them again!
5. Pantry- lots of cool stuff I want to do in here. We need more functional storage and better work place. It’s a small space so I really want it to pack a punch!
6. Finish breakfast area. We had a built in bench installed in late August. I have a custom table hopefully coming soon. I will share more details on that as it gets closer! After that, I want to do some sort of window treatment and add a bench cushion. New chairs.
7. Updates in living room: this includes new lighting, paint and switching out end tables. Nothing major in here planned yet.
8. Entryway: I’d like a different entryway table. This table was our first purchase when we moved in and I feel like I knew NOTHING about my style then, so I purchased the first table I could find that had the dimensions I needed. Now that I know that the options are truly endless, I have a really cool idea for an entryway table here.
This sums up our project list for 2022. I am really excited about it. If there is anything in particular you’d like to see from me, please reach out! Thank you for following along,
Powder Bathroom Progress: How We Chose Our Marble Floors
Powder Bathroom Mood Board and Progress
A Little Bit On How I Got Here
Where we discuss all things design, obviously.
For more of our latest projects, follow along on instagram at @hayden_interiors
© Hayden interiors 2021 | design & Photos by Sara Hayden
Intentional Design for Beautiful Spaces
+ Show / Hide Comments